Gerardmer x 2

Two stages of Tour de France in Gerardmer, an arrivee and a depart. We do both with our first 26km from Gerardmer at Remiremont. Today will be at the actual depart in Gerardmer.

Yesterday pouring rain for the riders and us cheering on. Highlight was Minnie on the tv again (impersonating an ant). I watched from the hotel room tv 300m away and clearly identified her from what she was wearing. I also recorded on tv computer. That counts as a victory and our first from a helicopter.


I only braved the rain for the caravan pass. I pity the workers freezing and cold in the voitures. They didn't look happy. We were, it was great fun being splashed and we still collected Haribo lollies and St Michel madeleines.

No running for me yesterday. I am fighting an airline bug. Hard to imagine it was only 7 days ago the Gold Coast Half. So much has happened since then.

After the depart we travel to Belles Filles, only an hour away driving through the Vosges mountains. We are very close to both the German and Swiss borders and altitude is similar to home at just below or above 1000m asl.

The altitude at this level barely registers for us. Research shows an altitude of around 600m or higher is where athletic performance begins to drop off slightly. At around 1500m asl I start to notice the effects in training on the first day or two. I always had problems with the first day of skiing during the winter and took it slowly for the first hour. Racing at sea level on the same day or day after leaving home I always notice a small positive effect on my performances as for my friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024