Apt : Long Run : Market

Apt has the largest street market in all of Provence. We stayed there a few nights in 2011. My long run took me along Veloroute du Cavalon in both directions (Pont Julien and Forlacquier). Basically flat. I ran for 85 minutes all up with two stops for water (it was over 30 degrees). I was in trouble early in the run due to heat stress, found a discarded bottle of mineral water for on the head and a fountain near the market to save me from trouble (multiple water on head).

Minnie braved the market longer than I and actually got lost, couldn't get out. Survived on tasting cheese and rock melon.

Tomorrow we are skipping the tour again even if it passes out front of the hotel in Cavaillon. Going to the walled Cite of Carcassonne and will watch the tour from there on motel tv, awake next morning on the tour rest day where we are staying. Not sure where from there...somewhere in the Pyrenees sleeping in back of Picasso again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024