World Masters Athletics Championships. Lyon, France, August 2015

Today I took steps toward WMA Lyon 2015 by booking a hotel for the period. The dates and events as per programme: 5th August 8km XC ; 9th August 5000m ; 12 August 10000m. So no half marathon (or marathon) selected to compete in. A clear 3-4 days between events to recover.

The programme is a reverse of the Australian Masters Athletics Championships I have competed in for the last 6 championships. On 17th July (two weeks) I will go for a run in Parc Parilly, Lyon to check out the venue etc. It will be a stop for me on the drive from Bourg en Bresse to Cavaillon for Tour de France.

The periodisation I set out earlier doesn't change which was designed to be in peak shape in April (AMA) and August 2015 (WMA). I've had a look at the World Rankings for 2013 & 2014. I'll be working backwards from those to set some time goals to make sure I am competitive. For 2014 the events haven't been completed yet. I'll be looking to improve my rankings in November/December.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024