Long Run ; AIS Track 2000m Tempo ; Gold Coast Half Marathon Taper

Yesterday a long run split into two. I had to drop Bella back home at half way and took the opportunity to do some house chores. Part 1 was 40 minutes, part 2 was 70 minutes, part chores was 30 minutes.

Today a tempo 2000m at the AIS track with 5 x 100m strides. 5km warm up, 7km warm down. I set the watch on 20 seconds (3:20/km)and ran just under that for 6:35. It was windy in the back straight and cold...full tights, long top, gloves. I didn't feel that fluent. I still have 125km in the legs last 7 days. Only 15km today and 12km tomorrow should have me more fresh and a little quicker for my next 2000m tempo run on Thursday. I'll be looking for something just under 6:30. From Thursday evening on it will be a couple of very short and slow runs, maybe with a few strides thrown in.

Weather for Sunday looks cooler than last year but more wind and from the west. With plenty of tall buildings all around and an early start we should escape most of it. I will try to cultivate some friends and keep them for as long as I can keep up or as long as they are useful to me. I ran out of friends for a period last year and got lucky finding one with a few km to go.

Steve and Jane also at AIS, a little after me as I am on holiday mode. Both the session step down from 2000m. Jane at 4:00/km or better, step down to 3:50/km or better, step down again to 3:40/km. For Steve 2000m 6:40, 1600m 5:20, 1200m 4:05, 800m 2:42, 400m 75. It would have been colder when they were there with the sun gone. Not sure about the wind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m