Marathon de Paris alternate Scenario...Australian Masters Athletics Championships Brisbane

Semi Marathon de Paris was postponed on Saturday, due to be held the following morning, now an unknown time in the future. I expect Marathon de Paris will suffer the same fate if things continue to escalate with the Coronavirus. There's no need for me to rush any changes of plans. I have however opened the doors to competing at Australian Masters Athletics Track and Field Championships in Brisbane which is due to be held on the following weekend of Marathon de Paris, on April 10th-13th. It would be my 12th consecutive AMA championships.

Program for me would be: Friday 10000m track, Saturday 1500m, Sunday 5000m, Monday 8000m XC. No surprises there.

As good fortune has it I've just run myself into great form after 3 months of injury. The 600m set I ran on Thursday was proof I've lost none of my leg speed and feeling very confident for the whole T&F program. I won't be making any changes to my training plans. I had always planned to run the club 10000m and 5000m track championships over the next few weeks.

In three days I will be taking a 5 week break from work. Plenty of time for training on the grass XC circuit across the road.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024