Stromlo XC Intervals 4 x 600m, 400m recovery ; Lunchtime 11km Lake Tempo Run

Pre-dawn set at Stromlo XC circuit. All efforts done in the dark without a light. There were others out there too, some with lights. I have no idea who they were except William Barlow cheered me on during my final effort as I started. The set: 2km warm up, 4 x 600m efforts with 400m float recovery (2 minutes), warm down. Splits: 2:11,1:55,1:52,1:47. I've been doing this set in my marathon shoes, seems to be no slower than my favourite XC shoes.

At lunch an 11km tempo run by the lake on bike path to make 132km for the last 7 days. Splits from 4:50/km working down to 4:20/km. It will be pouring rain for the next few days. I'll fit whatever runs I can in when I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024