Saturday Morning Long Intervals Sessions

Saturday Morning Long Intervals Sessions at assorted venues. Weather cool to warm and windy.

Steve at Stromlo XC circuits ran 2km 6:51, 1km 3:15, 500m 1:37. The magpie swooping interrupted Steve's set. He swoops all the way until December.

We ran at Stromlo later in the morning. Alerted by Steve re:magpie we ran 4 x 1km hilly efforts on the high part of the circuits well away from his feeding ground. Gabe best of the girls first 3 efforts, Helen best on the last. My splits (500m): 1st 1:47,1:42 ; 2nd 1:47,1:37 ; 3rd 1:45,1:45 ; 4th 1:50,1:42. I was wearing in Nike Dragonfly spikes. Mo Farah broke the World One Hour record last evening wearing the same spikes along with a few others. My left calf was getting sore early part of 4th effort until I adjusted my foot plant. BTW the Adidas Cadence shoes Haile Gebrselassie wore to set the old One Hour WR were my favourites for a decade until I broke them all from wear.

Keith in Bega ran 14km including 6,5,4,3,2,1 minute intervals, staring slow, working down to 3:50/km

Next Saturday is ACT Master 8km XC Championships. I'll spend this week preparing for that. No need to taper after running easy this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024