Steve 3000m Track ; La Planche des Belles Filles

Sunday morning run on track for Steve. Weather cool with persistent drizzle, rain either side of that. Milli and I warmed up with Steve in the forest before watching his effort on an embankment outside the track (no dogs allowed in). It was a blow out the cobwebs for Steve as all early track runs are. On a morning like this most would have stayed under the doona. Splits: 3:32,3:35,3:32=10:39

I ran again late in the day, after the rain had diminished.

Sad I couldn't be in France this year to see Richie be on the podium in Tour de France after a great time trial on La Planche des Belle Filles. It's a climb I've run a few times over the years (2012,2014)and where I met some French friends on my first run. Virginie and Clause were making their only stage visit of this year's Tour, not living very far away. The diary says I was 33 minutes up and 29 minutes down in 2012. 27 minutes up and 22 minutes down in 2014. I climbed untimed the day after each timed runs.

I met Claude on my first run in 2012. We ran together the entire ascent speaking in 'Frenglish'. After lingering at the summit I met Claude and Virginie on the way down. A few years later we spent the entire day watching the Tour on Alpe d'Huez.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024