City2Surf 2010 Training and TV Highlights

40th anniversary of the City2Surf fun run had 80000 starters. I was overseas watching Tour de France cycling and L'etape du Tour in the month prior to the race. I had swine flu for the first week of the holiday. I was based at Col du Tourmalet at 2100m asl for a week, running up and down the mountain multiple times a day. It was great training for the hilly City2Surf fun run. On race day I managed to video bomb the TV coverage for the 2nd year straight.

On Monday morning (a public holiday), minus 6 degrees, the coldest morning in a decade. I stayed in bed longer than normal, running 20km later in the day. My 6th week of this base training block complete with 121km. I feel like I am on top of things again, running strongly with no injuries. There are some good races about in the next 2 months. When I feel like I am race ready I will test myself again.


Comments

Ewen said…
Good video, wonder if there will be a C2S this year?
Here's hoping Ewen, I certainly miss the race. Hard to see it happening with 80000 plus people, see what happens. Other races going ahead successfully as waves and smaller numbers as you know.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024