1/4 Time Report Card Training Periodisation 2022-2023

I am 12 weeks into this base training period which will peak just before April 2023 at Australian Masters Athletics Championships in Sydney. It's this next six months of any year in the last decade and more where I've created most of my happiest memories while still training hard without any pressure to perform at my best level. This year I had to miss the World Masters Athletics Championships in Tampere while relocating myself to the seaside. I've never been more happy living across the road from assorted beaches. Winter at 4 am is a dream come true for logging kilometres while looking at stars, listening to waves and waiting for the sun to rise. Tour de France is on the TV, I am loving it. I really like the Olympic Games cycling course that climbs over Montmartre (Paris) on loop in 2024.

Training Volume: Week 1 123km, Week 2 119km, Week 3 110km, Week 4 111km, Week 5 86km, Week 6 111km, Week 7 110km, Week 8 119km, Week 9 125km, Week 10 115km, Week 11 99km, Week 12 123km. I had eight days in total during this 1/4 below 10km that pulled down the weekly volume, mostly due to moving house.

Good results for me usually appear after training week 6. This year they started to appear at training week 8 due to a hamstring strain in April (and moving). By week 10 I had run faster in Parkrun than I had at the Australian Masters Athletics Championships where I suffered the hamstring injury.

What's next? July 17th Sutherland2Surf road race 11km, 14th August City2Surf road race 14km. I won't change the training much. A mix of long runs, hills, short intervals, long intervals, Parkrun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024