Sutherland2Surf Beach Recovery Run and Race Analysis

Lunch time run on the beach with Milli the Border Collie. Slow pace to begin, no sore spots from the race, ok to continue full training. Next race is City2Surf 14km, less than a month away. Some analysis from my race splits: I had over 5km running at 3:20/km or better. The three climbs late in the race were where I lost most time and rhythm when I was on my limit. The first female was much better at flow over the entire course. It's hard to replicate in training those long hills around 1500m in length at race pace. I have run some efforts back up from the Glasshouse beach at that distance solid but not at race pace. I'll get a few long, fast hill climbs before City2Surf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024