Retro Tour de France 2014, Climbing Saint-Lary-Soulan (Stage14) on foot or by cable car!!

Tonight is the Tour de France Stage 14 Pau to Saint Lary-Soulan Pla d’Adet via Col du Tourmalet. I have run Col du Tourmalet many times over the years but only once running Saint Lary-Soulan Pla d’Adet from the village to the top. I remember the early climb being steep enough to catch struggling cyclists but not close to holding them on the flatter sections. The next day I took the cable car up and down instead. There were pedestrians walking below the cable car. Saint Lary was a great place to watch the riders pass through the town. Lots of atmosphere day and night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.