Training Overview : Preparatory Period 1 2017-2018

Back into it today after half marathon yesterday. 17km all up, a couple of recovery runs. No soreness anywhere. The foot is good despite issues yesterday. I pulled another pair of new shoes out of the cupboard. Issues with the pair I tried yesterday were slipping inside the shoe, tight toe box and steep camber on the road.

Base training for several months. Consistently high volume of 120km ave per week, 2-3 long interval sessions, strength hills, a couple of races each month and working on areas I need to develop on in this training block until October.

I will run through a complete cycle of training and racing with a peak in late April for Australian Masters Athletics Championships in Perth, WA. I'll run through a similar cycle to World Masters Athletics Championships in Malaga, Spain early September. Many races in between but nothing else matters. Priority to April will be distances 800m, 1500m, 5000m and 8000m XC.

Only a few days left in cold Canberra before I travel to France for a few weeks. I may not even get a session in given the weather. It will be nicer when I get to the French Alps on Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024