World Masters Athletics Championships 2018 Malaga Spain : Planning Update

I've settled on Sutherland2Surf 11km road race as my final event before leaving to France for six weeks of adjusting to climate and final training. Basic plan is complete race, depart following day. Three weeks training in Saint Malo, Noirmoutier and Bordeaux including a couple of Parkruns. Last 3 weeks travel to French alps for altitude camp, another 1-2 Parkruns and final training. Travel to Malaga from Zurich (or Paris). Details to be firmed up as I book flights and entries open.

Sutherland2Surf has around 4000 starters and enough competition to provide a good test.

Tour de France start has recently been delayed by a week due to World Cup football clash. That means I'll be in France for the final week of the Tour but nowhere near the race.

Most of my sessions in the first 3 weeks will be done on the hard flat beach sand at low tide.

The brief altitude camp I did at Col du Galibier two weeks ago was beneficial for strength and power. Recovery from the two altitude climbing runs I did was around 4 days and benefit has lasted for at least 2 weeks. I'll be repeating and extending that camp at the same location.

Video of training camp 1 in Saint Malo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024