Not Moana Beach Parkrun 17:28 ; Not Shiraz Trail Parkrun Warm Down

Wednesday morning run along the beach with Milli the Border Collie as warm up and warm down runs for Not Moana Beach Parkrun. The beach is great running on low tide. One of the quirks of Adelaide is cars are permitted to park on the beach, it is very popular. Since I was there early I had the beach mostly to myself plus others walking their dogs.

Moana Beach Parkrun is not on the beach but on walking/cycle path. It starts at sea level and is out 2.5km, back 2.5km. There is a solid climb in the first kilometre to a plateau along the sea cliffs. This morning it was very windy on the plateau, head/cross wind from the east, I couldn't run any faster than 3:38/km in that section. I was near flat out in the first kilometre. Splits (500m): 1:39,1:43,1:43,1:45,1:49,1:49,1:49,1:49,1:42,1:35=17:28

Yesterday evening I ran Not Shiraz Trail Parkrun as a gentle jog. It starts 100m from my camp for the week. The course is a twisting Y shape x 2 laps. Surface is bumpy and loose gravel in places with six dead turns. Not a quick course.

On Saturday morning I will run Aldinga Beach Parkrun. It is very scenic, again on the cliff plateau above the beach and reef. Weather is hotting up with high 30s predicted and windy. The Festival of Cycling begins tomorrow. I will watch it from Tanunda and get my Day 5 Covid test done at their clinic. A requirement of entering South Australia is to have Covid Tests on Days 1,5 and 11. I won't be here for Day 11. The tests are drive through and only take a couple of minutes. The nurse said most people hate either the stick up the nose or stick down the throat, not both. I am a stick down the throat gagger. My negative test for day 1 came by SMS text 24 hours after the test.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024