Santos Festival of Cycling Stage 1 Tanunda in Barossa Valley

Thursday morning trip to Tanunda in the wine making Barossa Valley. Too hot to run there, I left it until the evening running 11km through the vineyards on the Shiraz trail. High on the agenda in Tanunda was to get my day 5 Covid swab at the drive through testing, one stick up the nose, one down the throat again.

It was a morning of eating bakery product, gelato to keep cool, shopping for wine, coffee to warm up again and lots of walking. In these smart phone days it's easy to watch both the male and female races almost live with an app. I could tell it was almost live when I watched the riders whiz past me and had 15 seconds until they whizzed past me on the smart phone. It was low key racing compared to the Covid cancelled Tour Down Under, a fun day all up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024