Parkrun Coombs 18:29 1st ; Stromlo XC Intervals 5 x 3 minute efforts, 1 minute jog recovery

Parkrun Coombs on a cool and windy morning. A tail wind out to the 2.5km turn, head wind on the way home. Being the day before the ACT XC Championships I had to save some energy and muscles. I felt great on the way out with the tail wind sitting in with a bunch of four as best I could. On the return into the wind I sat until the challenging 300m hill and got clear after some persistence. From there on my splits were similar to the previous week, I was working hard.
Splits:1:49,1:55,1:51,1:45,1:52(deadturn),1:50,1:45,1:45,1:52(deadturn),1:44. The session at Stromlo was 5 x 3 minute efforts with 1 minute jog recovery. I ran with Gabe. Following that was coffee, nice in the sun, nicer out of the cold wind. All up 15km for the morning, 11km previous day, 120km last 7 days.
On Sunday ACT Masters 8km XC Championships at around 10:40am. I will be racing some 20 year old males. Elite male and females start earlier in the morning. It will be cool and windy on a course comprising a flattish 1km loop, undulating 2km loop, 2 x 2.5km hilly loops. In 2020 the course measured 8.3km and has two very steep pinches in the final 5km.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024