Steve 1500m Time Trial : ACT Masters Track 1500m 4:45.00

I started my 60th birthday celebrations with an 8.5km run on Forest Trails with running friends followed by a light breakfast (Forest berries, muesli, croissant, champagne and orange juice and coffee). I rested for much of the day including a nap with the dog and watching women's test cricket on tv. It is a hot, sunny day with light winds. Next was ACT Masters track running a 1500m in 4:45.00 (1.1 second slower than M60 club record set in Melbourne in 1987, I didn't factor in the headwind in home straight) plus warm up and warm down. Earlier Steve ran a 1500m time trial on bike path in just under 5 minutes. He encountered a fatal traffic accident which was a roped off crime scene. Finally for me a light dinner, Death in Paradise Christmas special again, champagne and cheesecake. A lovely day:-) Next hard effort at Parkrun where I'll aim to set a new age record and upgrade my age graded% on my local course. I have held it since their very first event in 2018.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024