Annecy Taper Week : Day 6 : 1500m Tempo

Up not as early this morning, waiting for some drizzle to go away. Wore tri-suit and training shoes to protect my hamstrings and feet / calves as a precaution.

Fast warm up (<4:00/km) out along lake bike path to usual spot, 4 x 100m strides, 1500m 4:48 (1:32 (trop vitesse), 1:38, 1:37), cruise return to finish. Met Minnie near the old town by the lake, had some fun taking video in lanes, tunnels and shops.

The tempo too quick early so backed off. Felt great again. A little too much distance than I planned. It won't matter. I'm already 30% lower volume than what I'm used to. Will be fine by my first race after two light days. Tomorrow 10km easy with some strides. Monday 5km, maybe on cross country course in Lyon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024