World Masters Athletics Championships 2016 Perth : Taper Week Booked

Format for the World Masters Athletics Championships 2016 in Perth is identical to Lyon as things stand in M50. Cross Country 26th October, 2 days break, 5000m 29th October, 2 days break, 1st November 10000m. I may enter the 1500m after that but unlikely to race except I could round off the week with no functioning hamstrings!! Or more likely could cheer on others and with no functioning hamstrings!!.

After my experience in Lyon for the distance races the first race run will be the best performance...thus the same as in Lyon will be a focus on Cross Country, get through the 5000m, back up again for the 10000m.

Working back from there I booked taper week on Rottnest Island in a bungalow. I've been to the Island a few times before and love the quaintness, especially when not schoolies time. Rottnest Island Marathon weekend may of may not coincide with the taper week. All the better if it does, I can have a romp in the 5km event if it does or not. I also started my Masters comeback there in 2007 with 2hr44m & 2nd in marathon 2007 with almost no running training, just on the bike. Always windy on the island, as will be Perth in the main stadium unless 8am start...so windy tactics come into it in the middle distance events based on the wind.

Venue for the 5000m and 10000m will be in the western suburbs of Perth on a boutique track. Warmer with less influence of 'the doctor'. Let's hope they have two water cannons and a drink station.

Meanwhile another home to work and back to home again. Just ticking off the days until I get some sleep and can say I'm not jet-lagged before trying a session.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m