Keith in Bega 6,5,2 minute efforts : Future World Masters Athletics Championships

Cold and windy still in Bega for Keith. So windy Keith cut the set short making 6 minute (1540m), 5 minute (1270m) and 95 seconds (400m). Keith's been going well so a shorter set won't hurt.

Yesterday another fartlek session for me and two runs for the day. I'm back over 130km last 7 days, no niggles whatsoever. Next race will be Canberra Times Fun Run 10+km two weeks after I get home. I plan to race a bit on track when I get home and stop the racing in late November for 4-6 weeks.

Looking forward 2018 World Masters Athletics Championships has been awarded to Malaga, Spain and in September. It will be as hot as Lyon. I've already looked at flights and hotels, it looks like I can make it a plan. Expect close to 9000 athletes.

2018 World Masters Athletics Championships is in Perth in October-November. I expect to race the same three events as I did in Lyon. 1500m is not an option given how sore I was after the 1000m for a couple of days. I'll possibly head over early and spend taper week on Rottnest Island.

Before that is Australian Masters Athletics Championships in Adelaide, April 2016. I've booked air fares for that...my next big goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024