Kowen Half Marathon Trail Run 1h42m

Sunday morning long run from Wamboin in the Kowen Half Marathon Trail Run. It was not a race although times were self reported online. Many of my friends were there. We had brunch at a local bakery post-event.

The course was brutally hilly, mostly on wide forest trails with some single track, 1km of bitumen to begin and end. It was on top of the great dividing range, altitude over 900m asl with stunning views in places. Any donations went to the Wamboin Rural Fire Brigade.

After pre-run photos I started with my friends, slowly easing into the run. I had a banana and sports drink as pre-run nutrition, not enough to get me through such a tough course unless I measured my efforts. I must have done well as I had plenty of energy left at the finish, no sore legs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024