Direct Preparation for Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2022, Brisbane : Steve 1500m Time Trial : Stromlo 1500m Time Trial

Less than four months until Australian Masters Athletics Championships are due to be held in Brisbane commencing on 1st April with a 5000m ; 2nd April 8000m XC ; 3rd April 1500m ; 4th April 10000m. I have now booked a hotel and will drive up along the coast. The championships will be my first major peak for 2022 with a short gap to another peak in June/July for the World Masters Athletics Championships in Tampere, Finland. Racing on track will commence in a month.
Direct Preparation for the championships has progressed with key training sets showing good form already, still under high volume training of 120-130km/week. Today Steve ran an early morning time trial over 1500m in the 4:50s/km on local bike path by the lake. Weather cool with light winds. I got out there later for my 1500m time trial at Stromlo. The grass track damp from thunderstorms last evening and very steamy. My Splits(500m) 1:37,1:40,1:34 which is exactly how I prefer to construct my race. Next hard effort at Parkrun on Saturday morning followed by a trip to the coast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024