Forest Trails Recovery Run 25km

Sunday morning run from home and through the Arboretum on forest trails. Along the way I discovered a new bitumen road to the cork oak plantation has been completed along with a car park. The weather similar to yesterday with morning cloud burning off quickly to a sticky humid sun. I felt good throughout and didn't see a single runner.
It's now a month until my 60th birthday and when I can really get excited about setting some new age and age graded records in Parkrun and on track and road. This week the volume begins to increase to over 150km on one week in this month and with all the sessions included. I expect to be in great form throughout February. Yesterday I went within 0.04% of breaking my own age graded record on the Parkrun Burley Griffin course, a sign of my good form already. Sessions this week will continue as Monday short XC intervals, Tuesday or Wednesday a short Time Trial, Wednesday or Thursday a 5000m time trial, Saturday Parkrun at Burley Griffin again.
Photo credit GT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024