Direct Preparation for 2022 Track Season : Parkrun Tourist

From a previous post 10 weeks ago, comments in []: ""Where am I at now? After training for 20 weeks [now 30 weeks] at 120km/week average, I have a great base to work from. I will have to keep that ticking along for another 4 months or so [4 months from now]. I think I am already close to challenging for records 3000m and above [I am]. For distances 800m to One Mile I will need to start developing strength, power, leg speed and speed endurance. I will start that from Monday by incorporating extra 100-500 metre strides plus strength hills and power hills into the training week. Also more upper body and core exercises.[I did all of that]. Track racing won't start until October in Canberra. If that is postponed (likely)[it was] I can always continue time trials on my own [I did, posting nine 16 minute-something 5000m time trials, fastest 16:38][Track season was delayed with only 2 suitable events scheduled in 2021, one of those washed out a few days ago].

I pulled the pin on the 2021 track races after I ran a 16:40 5000m time trial 5 days ago, timely since the weather has returned winter for a week or so. After a few easy days I've returned to time trials and high volume base training with Parkrun used for race tactics and pace variation. This will now go on until the end of January when I turn age 60 and can start setting new age records with an eye to Australian Masters Athletics Championships to be held in Brisbane commencing on 1st April. I'll be spending the most of the summer being a Parkrun Tourist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024