Sunday Recovery Run 22km ; Cobargo (bushfires 2019)

Sunday morning long run of 22km. Breakfast included a coffee and pastries from Cobargo, a lovely town devastated by the bushfires on New Years Eve 2019-20. I'd driven through before a few times but never stopped. I spent 30-40 minutes there wandering, listening to the artistic folk selling unique produce, many who also had a dog. One lady commented of Milli the Border Collie 'That's a nice person'. She is correct, many border collies are really people. Houses were lost a couple of years ago but not the house I considered purchasing. It was right near the bakery where I bought the coffee and pastries. Some of the photos below are sad but the people and town is not. It is still a beautiful town with charismatic locals. Small boutique businesses have in-filled where tragedy struck. There is plenty to see and do. Cobargo is still recovering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.